Thursday, October 30, 2014

Meeting with social work students

Me with three of the four graduate students (the forth was taking the picture)

There is a group of graduate students from the School of Social Work at the University of Michigan who are doing a research project on the Warrendale neighborhood in Detroit. They came across this blog and asked me to sit down with them.

Naturally, it was my pleasure to discuss the current state Warrendale with them as well as my thoughts on how we came to be in this position. We discussed crime, unemployment, schools, and our status as being the epicenter of the mortgage crisis in southeastern Michigan.

We also talked at length about where I thought the neighborhood was going in the near future. Specifically, how I saw a lot of potential with the Detroit Works Project and the activities of the Detroit Land Bank Authority.

It was great to sit down with them. When more of their research is available on-line, I will post links to it on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment