Thursday, December 04, 2014

Vacancy on the Detroit City Council

City Council meeting - Photo by Frank Nemecek
There is a vacancy on the Detroit City Council due to Saunteel Jenkins's recent resignation; one which any resident is allowed to apply to fill. Yesterday afternoon, I submitted my application to fill that vacancy.

For years now, I've screamed into the proverbial wind - both on this blog and elsewhere - about ways that things could be done better in this town. I know it's a long shot that I'll be selected to fill that slot. However, I feel like if I don't throw my hat into the ring, I'll spend years wondering what would have happened if I had done so.

The Detroit City Council will schedule a series of interviews with applicants in January. The Council as a whole will then decide who will fill Jenkins's seat until the next election. I will keep everyone updated as this develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment