Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Coming soon: book reviews

Sample books from Titan - Photo by Frank Nemecek
The folks at Titan Books recently sent me a series of books to review. They sent me a series of five crime and espionage novels in this shipment. As a result, I'm pleased to announce that there will be a series of book reviews coming to the Warrendale (Detroit) Blog, starting early next month.

The first book that I will review will be Fatal Music by Peter Morfoot. In this mystery novel, Captain Paul Darac of the Brigade Criminelle is called to investigate an elderly woman found dead in her hot tub. At first, is assumed that she died of natural causes. However, as he digs deeper, Darac discovers a motive for murder with no shortage of suspects.

Fatal Music is a follow-up novel to Morfoot's debut novel Impure Blood. The Crime Review called that previous novel "a vibrant, satisfying read." Library Journal declared in its review, "Morfoot introduces a delightful example of the disenchanted French boulevardier."

Fatal Music will go on sale Tuesday, April 4, 2017. I expect to have my review on-line the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment