Monday, July 03, 2017

Rooster in Warrendale?

The rooster in question
Photo by Paula Sharpe
Is anyone in the neighborhood missing a rooster?

I ask because one has shown up in the vicinity of Paul and Warwick Streets. It does seem a bit odd.

Yes, I did say a rooster. Yes, it is here in Detroit.

This, by the way, isn't the first time that a rooster has been seen in the Warrendale neighborhood of Detroit, although the last time was almost 11 years ago. The folks over at Animal Corner tell me that the average lifespan of a chicken is only 5 -7 years so I doubt it is the same bird returning for another photo op.

Still, it is most unusual to see a rooster wandering free in the streets of Detroit. I'm just glad that someone sent me a photo of it while he's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment