Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Closing in on one million page views

Million dollar view | Stock photo by Haidir Rais/Unsplash
I started the Warrendale Detroit Blog in December of 2005 almost on a whim. I new that there was a lot happening in our neighborhood but was frustrated that it never got any attention from the local news media. When a friend suggested over on the Detroit YES forum that I create such a blog, I jumped at it.

That was 14 years and three months ago.

As of this afternoon, Google Analytics tells me that this blog has received a total of 990,262 page views during its time online. I also continue to revieve 400 - 450 pageviews ever day.

Those two things suggest that the Warrendale Detroit Blog should cross the one million page view threshold within the next couple weeks. In fact, my best guess after combing through the data is that this blog should see its one millionth page view on or about March 17.

I feel that this milestone deserves somekind of commemoration. Something that will say to the world - quite literally - thanks a million. I'm just not sure what it should be.

If you have any idea what that something should be then please feel free to leave a comment below or on the Facebook page for this blog. I appreciate any and all suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment