Tuesday, May 07, 2013

My Endorsement for the Police Commission


I've complained for years about the way the Detroit Police Department operates. Now that the police commission is not only elected but elected by districts, I thought about running. However, it's clear that Ricardo Moore is better qualified than I am for the position. After spending a couple of hours talking with him today, I'm more convinced than ever that he is the right person for the job.

He is a former police lieutenant, a veteran of the United States Army, and is currently serving as a team leader for the Detroit Medical Center Police Authority. As a graduate of both Central Michigan University and Western Michigan University, I believe he has the education and experience required to help transform the Detroit Police Department into the kind of law enforcement agency that I know it can be.

It is my pleasure to endorse him for the police commission this year. For those of you who live in the Warrendale neighborhood, you will probably see me knocking on doors this summer in support of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment