Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Open Letter to Mark Zuckerberg

Mark Zuckerberg - Photo by Guillaume Paumier
Dear Mark Zuckerberg:

Several times a day, your system pelts me with "suggestions" to promote certain posts on the Facebook pages that I administer. I usually ignore them, but you've become rather pushy with it as of late. Therefore, I thought I would give you a response.

If you want me to spend money to promote the Warrendale (Detroit) Blog page on Facebook with promoted posts and such, you have to give me a way to make money on Facebook as well. That is simply not the case with the way Facebook is currently set up. As such, I will not be spending money on promoted posts, ads, or anything else regardless of how often you suggest it.

Spending money to make money is a good idea. Spending money just to get a few more "likes", however, is not. It's really that simple.

Sincerely,
Frank Nemecek

No comments:

Post a Comment