Monday, June 10, 2013

Fire Hydrant in Detroit Gets Repaired with Duct Tape

Fire Hydrant at the Southwest Corner of W. Warren Ave. and Evergreen Rd.
Photo by Frank Nemecek
I heard about this one, but I had to see it with my own eyes before I was ready to believe it truly. There is a fire hydrant at the southwest corner of W. Warren Avenue and Evergreen Road in the Warrendale neighborhood of Detroit that was repaired with duct tape.

Duct tape!

A fire hydrant!

I don't know if this is an official repair that was done by someone within the City of Detroit. More than likely, one of the construction crews in the area damaged the thing while they were repairing the sidewalk and used duct tape to repair the fire hydrant. It's also possible, this is Detroit after all, that the thing was leaking for a couple of days and some random resident decided to repair it as best as he or she could.

But still...

Duct tape!

To repair a fire hydrant!

I love this city, but I have to admit that Detroit can be dysfunctional in such comical ways sometimes.

Update: July 11 @ 7:00 a.m.
This story is now also covered on Deadline Detroit here.

1 comment: