Monday, December 23, 2019

Closing in on one million views


I was reviewing where a lot of things in my life stood over the weekend. Most importantly of all, I was doing some planning for the coming year. It was while doing this that I discovered something that I think is rather cool.

As of this writing, the Warrendale Detroit Blog has received a total of 961,247 unique views since I started it on a whim back in December of 2005. That isn't a bad number for a blog that focuses on one particular neighborhood in one particular city.

In an era when some of the internet giants starting to think more and more about hyperlocal marketing and hyperlocal search engine optimization, a 14-year old blog about one particular is a bit of a trendsetter.

The really cool thing, in my opinion, is where this trend is likely to take this blog. Assuming my math is correct, the Warrendale Detroit Blog should see its one millionth view later this year. In fact, it should happen right around my birthday in August.

One million views.

For a little bitty hyperlocal website.

I can't help but feel that this is really cool. The fact that - with around 5,000 views per month at the moment - the Warrendale Detroit Blog should cross the one million views threshold around my birthday is icing on the proverbial cake.

I want to thank each and every one of the people who have helped and encouraged me in this project over the years. Your awesome reaches throughout the Warrendale neighborhood in Detroit and beyond.

Thank you, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment