Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas, Detroit

Close-up of a Christmas tree
I want to mention that this is the 14th Christmas I have had the pleasure of spending as the publisher of the Warrendale Detroit Blog. While I never thought it would happen, as I look back over the years, I realize that my readers and neighors are some of the best gifts that I could get.

This may seem corny but I'm incredibly serious when I say this. I have met some absolutely amazing people while writing for this blog. I've seen a number of challenges of the past 14 years - from the death of my father to one health scare or another as well as a series of personal and financial crises. In so many of those moments, it's been my friends and neighbors who have helped me through those challenges.

I am grateful for each and every one of you. I truly do consider your friendship to be an incredible gift. If I never had the chance to tell you in person, I want you to know that I am grateful for this gift that I have received.

Thank you. I thank each and every one of you who have gotten to know through this blog. As I prepare to move into my 15th year with the Warrendale Detroit Blog and milestone of one million views, I do so with gratitude and joy.

To each and every person in the Warrendale neighborhood and beyond, I wish you a Merry Christmas. I hope each of you gets to spend time with your friends and family this holiday season. I also pray that each of you receives a gift as wonderful as the one that I have received through your readership and support.

Merry Christmas, Detroit.

Love and laughter,
Frank P. Nemecek
Founder & Publisher of the Warrendale Detroit Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment