Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Breaking news: Minivan catches fire on Greenview


I was on Faust, near Dayton, this evening when I heard a sudden bang that seemed to come from a couple of blocks to west. Being the curious blogger that I am, I went to investigate.

When I reached Greenview I saw that a minivan was engulfed in flames, just south of Dayton. I called 9-1-1 and was told by the operator that the Detroit Fire Department was already on their way. From that point, the only thing left for me to do was to step back and shoot some video with my cell phone.

The Detroit Fire Department did indeed show up promptly. I could hear their sirens within a couple of seconds of hanging up with 9-1-1. Once on the scene, the firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze. There did not appear to be any injuries associated with this vehicle fire nor was their any other property damage besides the minivan.

No comments:

Post a Comment