Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Ss. Peter and Paul Church goes all out with Christmas decorations

Christmas decorations at Ss. Peter & Paul Catholic Church
Photo by Frank Nemecek
This Christmas season, the folks at Ss. Peter & Paul Catholic Church (7685 Grandville Ave.) here in the Warrendale neighborhood of Detroit have gone all out with their decorations. I think they did an awesome job. It's worth attending mass there just to see them.

Once upon a time, when I was growing up in the neighborhood and attending grade school there, their decorations were much simpler. There was a nativity scene and the altar was decorated. However, the rest of the church had few, if any decorations.

I particularly liked the decorated statues at the rear of the church - simple yet elegant, in my opinion. There are more photographs of the Christmas decorations at Ss. Peter & Paul Catholic Church, including two panoramic shots, available on my Google+ page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment