Monday, October 28, 2019

Housekeeping for this blog

Housekeeping - Image by Tumisu/Pixabay
I want to take a moment to talk about a few housekeeping points as they relate to the Warrendale Detroit Blog. I spent much of this past weekend making a few changes to this site to make sure that it functions better. My hope, though, is that these changes will not be noticeable to most of my readers.

The first change that I made is that I archived all of the articles on this blog from prior to 2018. In January of next year, I will probably also archive the ones from 2018.

When there are a few thousand pages online representing almost 15 years worth of content, search engines like Google, Bing, and others have trouble keeping all of them straight. This is made even worse by the fact that much of the content is already outdated, is filled with links that no longer work, and is formatted in a way that is not optimal for the search engines of 2019.

If anyone ever needs to see any of the old content, please drop me a line and tell me what you’re looking for. I will do my best to retrieve if for you manually.

The second change that I made is to update some of the sites that I link to in the right-hand column of this blog. Back in 2005, for example, St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Christopher were two separate parish communities. Since then, they have merged into one and only have one website.

If there are any websites that you think I should link to, please feel free to leave a comment below. I always appreciate a little feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment