Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Warrendale gets ready for Halloween

Home decorated for Halloween - Photo by Frank Nemecek
Halloween is only 15 more days away. While I'm still not ready for it, I'm thrilled to see that so many of my neighbors in Warrendale certainly are.

I started to notice homes being decorated for Halloween a week or so ago. Every day since then, it seems like more and more homeowners in the Warrendale neighborhood of Detroit are getting in on the holiday swing.

This makes me happy. Detroit has gone through some really tough times in recent years. Seeing all of these homes decorated for Halloween gives me this feeling that we are returning to a general sense of normalcy.

Home decorated for Halloween - Photo by Frank Nemecek
Some people are going all out for their Halloween decorations. Others prefer a more minimalist approach to the season. No matter which approach any given homeowner takes,

Again, it makes me happy to see all of these homes decorated for Halloween.

In fact, it makes me happy enough that I am hereby proclaiming these decorated homes to be the Cool Warrendale Think of the Week for the week of October 16, 2019.

Keep it up, Detroiters.

The Cool Warrendale Thing of the Week is a semi-regular feature that is brought to your by the Warrendale (Detroit) Blog. Please check back every Wednesday glimpses into more of the things that make this such a great neighborhood.

Also, be sure to follow the author, Frank Nemecek, on Twitter and Instagram as @fnemecek for more great information.

No comments:

Post a Comment