Thursday, November 29, 2012

Confessions of a Powerball Winner

Photo by Billy Alexander
Ladies and gentlemen of the internet, I have a very important announcement to make this morning.

I won the Powerball.

Yes, it's true. I won the Powerball last night.

Well, almost...

You see, by "won" I mean that I didn't bother to play the incredibly popular Powerball; opting instead to spend my money on beer. I mean, how much more of a winner at life could one person possibly be?

This, by the way, relates to something that I learned while working at Merrill Lynch in the back in late-1990's. Beer almost always provides a better return on one's investment than lottery tickets do.

Off-hand, I would have to say that all but 2 of the individuals who sacrificed their beer money to buy Powerball tickets yesterday will agree with me on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment