Tuesday, November 20, 2012

This. Is. Irony.

My dear readers, it is time for something completely random with very little connection to the Warrendale neighborhood. The folks at Anonymous released a video, in which they claimed that the hacked Karl Rove's servers and prevented him from stealing the election this year. A full story about it is available here.

I don't know if Mr. Rove actually did try to steal the election nor do I know if Anonymous actually did prevent him from doing so. The one thing, though, that I do know is that there was an advertisement from a right-wing group overlayed onto the version of this video that I saw.

Screen Grab from My PC - Image by Frank Nemecek
Yes, that is a screen grab from my PC. There really was such an advertisement displayed on this message from Anonymous.

If this really happened then I am profoundly grateful to everyone at Anonymous for protecting the democratic process. Regardless, I find it ironic as a heck that a message from them would accompany one of their videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment