Tuesday, November 06, 2012

The Scene from Election Day in Warrendale

Election Day in Warrendale - Photo by Frank Nemecek
Polling places across southeastern Michigan are reporting voter turnout that is much higher than normal. It's no different here in the Warrendale neighborhood.

I vote at St. Thomas Aquinas Church. The photo above shows a parking lot that was almost completely full. I have never seen that many people on Election Day.

Michigan election law prohibits photography within the polling place. Otherwise, I would have snapped a photo or two of the incredibly long lines that I saw inside.

I also heard reports that the line stretch outside of the building at Sts. Peter and Paul Church, which is one of the other polling places in Warrendale. This is an interesting election.

Personally, I simply hope that we have this much interest next year when we elect our mayor and city council.

No comments:

Post a Comment